31 COVID-19 patients recover in Ghana – Health Minister says
Thirty-one out of the 152 persons who were receiving treatment after contracting COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus have recovered, the Health Minister, Kweku Agyeman-Manu has disclosed.
He said, however, that they will be kept in isolation and monitored for about four weeks.
After this period, more tests will be conducted before they are declared to have fully recovered.
This brings the total number of people who have recovered from the disease in Ghana to 33. Five persons have, however, died after contracting the COVID-19.
The development brings relief to many as Accra, Kumasi and Kasoa enter day two of a partial lockdown to curb the spread of coronavirus in the country.
More than 37,000 people have died from COVID-19 globally, while over 780,000 infections have been confirmed in at least 178 countries and territories. More than 166,000 people have recovered from the coronavirus.
In Ghana and all countries across the world, stringent measures, including lockdowns have been declared to curb the spread of the disease.
On Monday, the Health Service in its web updates indicated that no new cases had been recorded.
“The Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research tested 17 samples from the Upper East (3), North East (3) and Ashanti (11) regions all of which were Negative.
“No new test results have been received from Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research since the last update.”
Total confirmed COVID-19 cases in Ghana stands at 152 with five deaths as of March 30, 2020.