Commencement of 2019 Performance Contracts Negotiations between SOES/ENTITIES and GOG
The 2019 Performance Contracts Negotiations (PCNs) between the Government of Ghana and the State-Owned Enterprises, under the auspices of State Enterprises Commission, commenced in earnest on Monday 5th November 2018. The process which is scheduled to run through till Thursday, 13th December 2018, is expected to see over 56 SOEs/Entities successfully completing the negotiations with Government.
So far, the under listed SOEs/Entities have successfully completed their 2019 Performance Contracts Negotiations and are awaiting the Official Performance Agreement Signing scheduled for 19th December 2018.
- Ghana Irrigations Development Authority
- Precious Minerals Marketing Company Limited
- Architectural & Engineering Services Limited
- Grains and Legumes Development Board
- TDC Development Company Limited
- Ghana Civil Aviation Authority
- GIHOC Distilleries Company Limited
- National Theatre of Ghana
- Ghana Airports Company Limited
- Community Water and Sanitation Agency
- Ghana National Petroleum Corporation
- Ghana Highways Authority
- Ghana Broadcasting Corporation
- Ghana Grid Company Limited.
- Bui Power Authority
- State Housing Company Limited
Key highlights from the 2019 Performance Contract Negotiations are:
- Expected dividends and other payments into the national coffers;
- 2018 performances, effects of operating environments on SOEs/Entities in the year under review and expected operating environments and performances in 2019.
- Public Financial Management Act (PFM Act 921, 2016) and its attending challenges for SOEs/Entities;
- Issue of Legacy Debt and Bailout among others.
The process has also afforded SOEs/Entities the opportunity to share their success stories and challenges.
Many more to follow.