Highlights of President’s 5th Broadcast on COVID-19
- President thanked all Frontline workers especially Health Workers
- H.E. thanked also security forces for enforcing the lockdown.
- Steps are have being taken to investigate the excesses by the security forces.
- Condemned false videos being circulated.
- The government is working to achieve its main 5 objectives.
- Confirmed cases of COVID-19 stands at 214
- The week ahead is critical. Over 5,000 contacts traced results will be released.
- We should continue being patient as gov’t works to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- Special thanks to all involved in testing for COVID-19.
- More than GHS 8m realized from donations.
- Govt is working with other faith-based organizations to provide food for about 400,000.
- Govt to absorb water bills for the next 3-Months.
- More PPEs, hand Sanitizers, etc to be distributed to all district hospitals.
- More local production of PPEs.
- All health workers will not pay taxes on emoluments for the next 3 months.
- 50% basic salary as an allowance to all Frontline health workers.
- Clean up in Greater Accra and Kumasi by the security forces.
- Ayalolo buses to convey health workers for free
#Observe Social Distancing