MADE-IN-GHANA SUMMIT 2022
The 2022 Edition of the Made-In-Ghana Summit came off on Monday, December 12 2022, at the Movenpick Ambassador Hotel.
The event which was organised by the Entrepreneurs Foundation of Ghana (EFG) in conjunction with relevant stakeholders was under the theme: “Building strong Ghanaian Brands for global competitiveness”.
The one-day summit assembled over 200 influential CEOs of manufacturing Companies, Business Executives, Development Partners, Diplomatic Corps, Policymakers and Entrepreneurs to support government’s industrialisation agenda, and modernise our agricultural sector to generate enough foreign exchange through exports.
Madam Rosemary Sahnoon head of Legal represented Amb. Edward Boateng, the Director-General of the State Interests and Governance Authority (SIGA) who was the special guest of honour for this year’s event.
Addressing the audience, renowned Ghanaian economist Professor Stephen Adei gave a historical account of Ghana’s economic progress since independence. He called for a non-partisan approach in finding solutions to the country’s economic woes. “There should be a Ghana First Agenda. We seem to have an NPP-way and NDC-way, but what is the Ghana way?”, he quizzed.
Other speakers on the day were: Mr. Clement Osei Amoako (President of the Ghana National Chamber of Commerce), Dr. Afua Asabea Asare (CEO, Ghana Export Promotion Authority), Amb. Michael Ocquaye Jnr. (CEO, Ghana Freezones Authority), Madam Delese M. Darko (CEO, Food and Drugs Authority), and Prof. Kenneth Agyeman Attafuah (Executive Secretary of the National Identification Authority).
The event climaxed with an awards ceremony which recognized top Ghanaian business leaders as follows:
Top 10 Ghana Business Icons Awards
- Mr. Mukesh V. Thakwani — Chief Executive Officer, B5 Plus Limited
- Dr. Daniel Mckorley — Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Mcdan Group of Companies
- Mr. Gopal C Vasu — Managing Director, M&G Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Mr Ghazi Azar — Managing Director, Azar Group of Companies
- Mr. Tanal Ghandour — Managing Director, Ghandour Cosmetics Limited
- Mr. Hayssam Fakhiry — Managing Director, Interplast Limited
- Mr. Moses Baiden Jnr — Founder & Chairman, Margins Group
- Mr. Pawan Aidasani — Chief Executive Officer, Jay Kay Industries & Investments Ltd
- Mr. Ashok Mohinani — Executive Director, Mohinani Group
- Mr. Salem Kalmoni — Managing Director, Japan Motors Trading Co Limited
Special Recognition Awards
- H.E Mr. Maher Kheir — Lebanese Ambassador
- H.E Jean Claude Galea Mallia —Maltese High Commissioner
- H.E Mrs. Ozlem Ergun Ulueren — Turkish Ambassador
- H.E Fliphas M. Barine — Kenyan High Commissioner