PROCUREMENT OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DEVELOPMENT AND UPDATE OF THE MONITORING AND EVALUATION FRAMEWORK – REF. NO.:GR/SIGA/PME/CS/004/2021)
The State Interests and Governance Authority (SIGA) is established by the State Interests and Governance Authority Act, 2019 (Act 990) to oversee and administer the State Interests in State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs), Joint Venture Companies (JVCs) and Other State Entities (OSEs) and to provide for related matters.
The State Interests and Governance Authority under the Act 990 is mandated to Promote within the framework of Government policy, the efficient or where applicable profitable operations of the Specified Entities. To carry out this object, the Authority is enjoined:
- To ensure adherence to the terms and conditions of the Annual Performance Contract signed by the Authority with the State-owned Enterprises and the Other Specified Entities.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of Joint Venture Companies and
- To prepare and submit to the Minister an annual assessment report on the governance and institutional performance of the Specified Entities.
In view of the above, SIGA with funding from the “Agence Francaise de Developpment” and in collaboration with Expertise France (EF) intends to engage the services of a consultant to Evaluate the existing performance contracting system, review the contract processes and also assess the monitoring and evaluation systems of the Authority.
2.0 PROJECT OBJECTIVE
The overall objective of the assignment is to bring improvements to the existing performance contracting systems and the M&E processes of the Authority.
Specifically, the Consultant is expected to:
- Review the existing M&E systems of the Authority
- Review the existing performance evaluation framework and ensure that performance contracts are appropriately design based on the type of entities, challenges and/or risks.
- Develop an action plan and document progress and agreements leading to the preparation of the evaluation reports.
- Prepare the 2017 – 2019 performance evaluation reports of Specified Entities: and
- Make recommendations for improvement of the existing M&E system, performance contracting and evaluation framework such as among others:
- Design and define the periodicity of performance contracts (every year, every three years and/or more)
- Design and define the periodicity of monitoring of performance indicators (monthly, quarterly, annual)
- Design and define the periodicity of complementary annual performance reports for specific entities
3.0 SCOPE OF SERVICE
The Consultant’s work consists mainly of four (4) parts, to:
(i) review the existing M&E Systems of the Authority;
(ii) review the existing performance evaluation framework;
(iii) coordinate the preparation of the “draft evaluation report” for forty-Seven (47) Specified Entities (2017-2019); and
(iv) provide recommendations for improvement of the existing M&E system, performance contracting and evaluation framework.
- Review the existing M&E systems of the Authority to document and provide information on the processes, tools and systems used in the exercise of its functions. The review shall include the institutional arrangements and the methodologies used by the Authority and the tools to execute the functions.
- Review the existing performance evaluation framework to document and provide information on the existing arrangement for evaluating the performance contract, to help determine the full scope of relevant issues that must be included in the individual Entities’ report and the composite evaluation report. The review shall include a review of full evaluation report template and the abridged form to settle on the right format for the report.
- Prepare the composite 2017 -2019 performance contract evaluation report. The consultant prepares the evaluation reports for the contracts signed in 2017 to 2019 to be submitted to the Specified Entities for review and approval. The reports shall be published by the Authority after engagement with the Specified Entities. In doing so, the Consultant is expected to prepare and submit checklist to the specified entities, review the responses, prepare the draft report, and submit to the entities for final review. The Consultant will provide update to the Management of SIGA on the progress of the report preparation in line with the reporting requirement.
- Provide recommendations for improvement of the existing M&E system, performance contracting and evaluation framework. The Consultant shall be required to provide a report outlining the recommendations to be implemented by the Authority. The recommendations shall be classified in terms of institutional arrangement, methodology and capacity of the Authority to implement them. This shall further be categorised into short term, and long terms for implementation.
4.0 SELECTION CRITERIA
The State Interests and Governance Authority now invites eligible firms to express their interest by providing evidence of the following eligible documents for shortlisting.
- Certificate to Commence Business
- Certificate of Incorporation
- VAT Registration Certificate
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate
- Valid SNNIT Clearance Certificate
- Valid Public Procurement Authority (PPA) Registration Certificate
- Certified Audited Accounts for the past three (3) years (i.e., 2018, 2019 & 2020)
- Firms Profile indicating relevant experience
This Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) will be conducted through the procedures specified in the Public Procurement Act, 2003 (Act 663 as amended). The method of evaluating the RFP will be the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) and in the Guidelines of the Public Procurement Authority (PPA) of the Republic of Ghana.
5.0 DURATION OF SERVICE
The duration for the completion of assignment shall be no longer than nine (9) months. The assignment is expected to commence one (1) week after contract award.
Interested firms may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 17:00 hours GMT, Monday to Friday.
Expression of interest shall be in English and must be delivered in a written form in five (5) hard copies (one original and four copies) with an electronic copy on pen drive in a sealed envelope and clearly marked ‘EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR PROCUREMENT OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DEVELOPMENT AND UPDATE OF THE MONITORING AND EVALUATION FRAMEWORK’ and submit to the Procurement Office of SIGA, First Floor Room 124in person, or by courier by 16:00 hours GMT on or before Wednesday, 24th November, 2021.
Please Note: No electronic submissions via email would be accepted.
State Interests and Governance Authority
P. O. Box M 393
Ministries – Accra
Tel: +233 244 895 900