PROCUREMENT OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT AS DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
STATE INTERESTS AND GOVERNANCE AUTHORITY (SIGA)
NATIONAL COMPETITIVE TENDERING (NCT)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
PROCUREMENT OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT AS BUSINESS ANALYST – REF. NO.:GR/SIGA/IT/GHASORG/CS/003/2022)
The State Interests and Governance Authority (SIGA) is established by the State Interests and Governance Authority Act, 2019 (Act 990) to oversee and administer the State Interests in State-owned Enterprises (SOEs), Joint Venture Companies (JVCs) and Other State Entities (OSEs) and to provide for related matters.
The State Interests and Governance Authority under the Act 990 is mandated to promote within the framework of Government policy, the efficient or where applicable profitable operations of the Specified Entities. To carry out this object, the Authority is enjoined to:
- Ensure adherence to the terms and conditions of the Annual Performance Contract signed by the Authority with the State-owned Enterprises and the Other Specified Entities.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of Joint Venture Companies and
- Prepare and submit to the Minister an annual assessment report on the governance and institutional performance of the Specified Entities.
In view of the above, SIGA with funding from the “Agence Française de Développement (AFD)” and in collaboration with Expertise France (EF) intends to engage the services of an experienced and capable Database Administrator to undertake some assignments for the Authority.
2.0 PROJECT OBJECTIVE
The objective of the engagement is to strengthen and improve the SIGA IT Team to enhance Information Technology Service delivery for the Authority.
3.0 SCOPE OF ASSIGNMENT
Database Administration is an essential component of the State-owned Enterprises (SoE) real-time monitoring solution and other applications such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), etc. Managing the criticality of database integrity in terms of architecture, security, availability, efficiency, reliability and maintenance are the main functions of the DBA. The under listed are some responsibilities of the Database Administrator but not limited to the following:
- Define the data structure at the DBMS level.
- Create the structures of the tables and cubes according to the needs and the data requested from the SoE.
- Perform the extraction, transfer and loading of data to the Database from the SFTP server once the collected data is validated.
- Ensure the cubes used for dashboards are highly available.
- Data integrity and proper indexing of information.
- Data remains correct and consistent across the database.
- Data is clearly defined.
- Users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs.
- There is provision for data security and recovery control (ensuring all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- The Database Administrator will be responsible for the planning and development of the database, as well as troubleshooting any issues.
4.0 SELECTION CRITERIA
The State Interests and Governance Authority now invites eligible Individual Consultants to express their interest by providing evidence of the following eligible documents for shortlisting.
The Database Administrator must possess the following academic qualification and experience.
- Provision of Curriculum Vitae detailing work experience
- Copies of academic and professional qualifications
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- DBA certifications
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Shortlisted individual consultants will be interviewed in accordance with the Scope of Service provided above.
Shortlisted individual consultants will be interviewed and selected in accordance with the Selection Criteria and Scope of Assignment.
5.0 DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
The duration for assignment shall be no longer than twelve (12) months The Consultant is expected to commence one (1) month after contract award.
Interested Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 17:00 hours GMT, Monday to Friday.
Expression of interest shall be in English and must be delivered in a written form in five (5) hard copies (one original and four copies) with an electronic copy on pen drive in a sealed envelope and clearly marked ‘EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR PROCUREMENT OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT AS DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR’ and submit to the Procurement Office of SIGA, First Floor Room 124 in person, or by courier by 16:00 hours GMT on or before Tuesday 8th November 2022.
Please Note: Alternatively, electronic submission via the email provided below can be accepted.
State Interests and Governance Authority
P.O. Box M 393
Ministries – Accra
Tel: +233 244 895 900