GOVERNANCE, RISK & COMPLIANCE
Facilitating the development of a Code of Conduct and Guidelines for Good Corporate Governance to effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance related matters of SIGA as well as the state interest entities; and ensuring adherence to the highest standards of excellence and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations.
- Developing an effective governance and risk management mechanism to facilitate the assessment of the various categories or industries of state interest entities as well as the management and mitigation of risks
- Providing capacity-building support for the specified entities in the implementation and evaluation of governance, risk and compliance processes
- Providing support in monitoring and keeping abreast with regulatory developments, compliance controls, issues of non-compliance with legal, audit, ethical, regulatory and policy guidelines and reporting on instances of non-compliance by the state interest entities for resolution
- Collation of information to facilitate the assessments of the institutional performance of identified state interest entities to ensure that they are in compliance with all operational, legal and regulatory requirements such as the Ownership Policy, Public Financial Management Act and Regulations, Company Act, etc.
- Liaison with relevant departments to conduct checks and investigations to aid decision making on the appointments of CEOs and Board members
- Preparation of periodic risk profile and other relevant reports for the Executive Management and the Board for strategic decisions on meeting business objectives