PROCUREMENT OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT AS BUSINESS ANALYST
STATE INTERESTS AND GOVERNANCE AUTHORITY (SIGA) NATIONAL COMPETITIVE TENDERING (NCT) REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
PROCUREMENT OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT AS BUSINESS ANALYST – REF. NO.:GR/SIGA/IT/GHASORG/CS/003/2022)
The State Interests and Governance Authority (SIGA) is established by the State Interests and Governance Authority Act, 2019 (Act 990) to oversee and administer the State Interests in State-owned Enterprises (SOEs), Joint Venture Companies (JVCs) and Other State Entities (OSEs) and to provide for related matters.
The State Interests and Governance Authority under Act 990 is mandated to promote within the framework of Government policy, the efficient or where applicable profitable operations of the Specified Entities. To carry out this object, the Authority is enjoined to:
- Ensure adherence to the terms and conditions of the Annual Performance Contract signed by the Authority with the State-owned Enterprises and the Other Specified Entities.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of Joint Venture Companies and
- Prepare and submit to the Minister an annual assessment report on the governance and institutional performance of the Specified Entities.
In view of the above, SIGA with funding from the “Agence Française de Développement (AFD)” and in collaboration with Expertise France (EF) intends to engage the services of an experienced and capable Business Analyst to undertake some assignments for the Authority.
2.0 PROJECT OBJECTIVE
The objective of the engagement is to strengthen and improve the SIGA IT Team to enhance Information Technology Service delivery for the Authority.
3.0 SCOPE OF ASSIGNMENT
The Business Analyst will also be responsible for project management and will own business analysis and projects from start to finish and will be accountable for the quality and functionality delivered. He/She will coordinate processes to deliver projects on time and within budget to achieve desired outcomes. The underlisted are some responsibilities of the Business Analyst but not limited to the following;
- Working with the IT team and the various divisions to ensure requirements or needs of the organization are articulated properly per laid down business analysis standards, ensuring proper feasibility analysis and engagements with the delivery teams to deliver the need and own the acceptance testing end-to-end to assure of the quality of the product or service.
- Defining project objectives, project scope, specification, roles & responsibilities.
- Defining resource requirements and managing resource availability & allocation – both internal and third party.
- Outlining a budget based on requirements and tracking costs to deliver the project on budget.
- Preparing a detailed project plan to schedule key project milestones, workstreams & activities.
- To determine the business needs of the users.
- To understand and assess the changing needs of the business.
- In accordance with the business requirements, establish the list of data, their formats, and the frequency to be requested from the SoEs.
- To identify all needs and processes required internally (SIGA’s divisions and teams).
- To work with other stakeholders and bring technical expertise to the table to ensure the quality and accuracy of the data, the process and the design, presenting it in ways to help all stakeholders.
- To define the management rules for the validation of SoE-received data.
- To define, with the database administrator and/or the BI Analyst, the cubes at the Datawarehouse (when available) level for use in the Dashboard with TABLEAU.
- Work with key resources in the IT team to set up an SFTP site in the DMZ to receive SOE data.
- To coordinate people and processes to deliver projects on time within budget and with the desired outcomes aligned to objectives.
- To act as a point of liaison between the project team and senior management.
- To plan, monitor and regularly report to stakeholders on the progress of the project.
- A key part of a project manager’s role is to identify and mitigate risks which may impact successful delivery.
- To oversee the functional and technical delivery in collaboration with the other members of the IT team. His/her role will be to coordinate and supervise the accomplishment of the project.
4.0 SELECTION CRITERIA
The State Interests and Governance Authority now invites eligible Individual Consultants to express their interest by providing evidence of the following eligible documents for shortlisting.
- Curriculum Vitae detailing work experience
- Copies of academic and professional qualifications
- Documentation of tertiary education in IT, computer science or its equivalent
- Certification in Project Management, its software tools, methodologies and best practices
- Sign statement of integrity, eligibility, environmental and social responsibility (Kindly visit SIGA website https://siga.gov.gh/ to download.)
Additionally, the applicant must possess the following
- Proven ability to deliver projects according to agreed scope, timeline & budget
- 7+ years of professional experience
Shortlisted individual consultants will be interviewed and selected in accordance with the Selection Criteria and Scope of Assignment.
5.0 DURATION OF SERVICE
The duration for assignment shall be no longer than twelve (12) months. The Consultant is expected to commence one (1) month after contract award.
Interested qualified Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 17:00 hours GMT, Monday to Friday.
Expression of interest shall be in English and must be delivered in a written form (typed) in five (5) hard copies (one original and four copies) with an electronic copy on pen drive in a sealed envelope and clearly marked ‘EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR PROCUREMENT OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT AS BUSINESS ANALYST’ and submit to the Procurement Office of SIGA, First Floor Room 124 in person, or by courier by 16:00 hours GMT on or before Tuesday 8th November, 2022.
Please Note: Alternatively, electronic submission via the email provided below can be accepted.
State Interests and Governance Authority
- O. Box M 393
Ministries – Accra
Tel: +233 244 895 900